- Posted by Eve Vincent
- On May 20, 2019
At the time of using the Asus device, you might often face many kinds of error that can create a frustrating situation. And, the Asus error code 0xc000000f is one of those errors and it is related to the BOOTMGR. The error 0xc000000f can occur on your Asus device if the boot process halts due to missing BCD file. If you are already facing such a problem, then we are here to help you to get rid of this situation in every way. And, we will provide an inside out view on this Error Code 0xc000000f. So, go through the entire article carefully, and perform the methods one by one and check what suits the best for you.
Possible Causes of the Asus Model X5551M Error Code 0x000000f
You can face this error due to many kinds of reasons. Here, we are describing some of the important reasons that can create such an error on your Asus device. Have a look:
- Due to corrupt or missing BCD, this error 0xc000000f can occur on the Asus device. Missing or corrupt BCD power outages, disk writer errors, errors made while configuring the BCD manually or boot sector viruses can work along to generate this error.
- Additionally, if the file system becomes damaged or corrupt, this kind of error can be triggered.
- And, if you turn your PC Off while it is in the middle of writing crucial data to the boot sector, then the chance of the occurrence of the error increases.
- A faulty HDD data cable can also prove itself one of the main reasons for this error.
- If you use the same cable continuously for many years, then the appearance of such an error is quite common.
Procedures to Fix the Asus Error Code 0xc000000f
Follow the upcoming methods one by one and try to resolve the error within moments. Let’s start the process:
Method 1: Ensure no Additional Devices are Plugged in
Before trying anything to repair the error code, try a restart the external drives and devices attached to the computer. In this way, you will become sure that any recently added device or drive is not creating the problem. To do so, you should unplug all the recently added USB drives, DVDs, CDs etc. A memory card reader will also be on the list. You have to ensure that all the external drives along with the USB jump drives or USB keys are not connected to the computer anymore.
Method 2: SFC Scan
After performing the above method if you are still stuck to the problem, then execute an SFC scan and resolve the error. And, to run an SFC scan, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, open the Menu list, by pressing the Windows and X keys simultaneously. And then, from the appeared menu, you need to expand the option ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’. You can even go to the Search panel and there type in the command ‘type’ and right-click the search result. And then, from the appeared list, you should choose the option ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Then, the Command Prompt Window will appear on the screen. And, you have to write the command ‘sfc/scannow’ and then, to run the command press the Enter key.
- Once you are done with the process, check if it has resolved your issue or not.
Method 3: Update the Operating System
Even after running the SFC scan if you see that the error is still there on your computer, then follow this method and update the Operating System in order to resolve the error. And to do so, follow these steps:
First of all, press the Windows and I keys altogether and navigate the Settings application and in the Settings Window, you will find the section named ‘Update and Security’. Go there and in the left panel, you will find the Update section. Hit the option. And then, click on the option named ‘Check for Updates’ to continue the process. Now, see if an update is available. If you find that the update is available, then hit the Update option and wait. After finishing the upgradation process, restart your Asus device and check again if the Asus error code 0xc000000f persists or not.
Method 4: Uninstall the Third-party Antivirus
If there is any third party security software on your computer, then this kind of error can happen. So, to resolve the error, follow the below-stated steps one by one. Let’s start:
Go to the Start button and in the search bar type ‘Control Panel’ and hit Enter. In the appeared window, go to the section named ‘Programs and Features’. Here, note the third-party antivirus application and scroll down the page and locate it. After that, choose the option ‘Uninstall’. This action will start the uninstallation process. You will note that the error is eliminated. Otherwise, you can move on to the next method.
Method 5: Use the ‘bootrec.exe’ Tool
You can use the Windows built-in ‘bootrec.exe’ tool. In order to fix the error, you can rebuild the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) that controls how the Windows starts. And, to perform this method you need a bootable DVD/USB tool. Therefore, to resolve the error using the bootrec.exe tool, follow the upcoming instructions.
- First of all, you have to restart your computer and at the same time, you need to use bootable DVD/USB to boot it.
- And then, you have to press any button on the keyboard, if prompted for the key.
- After that, you need to select the language, time, currency and keyboard and hit the Next button.
- Now, choose the Operating System, you want to repair and click Next,
- Next, choose the Command Prompt, that you will find inside the System Recovery options.
- Then, you will get a black screen with a blinking cursor on it. And, inside the command prompt type ‘bootrec.exe’ and press the Enter key on the keyboard. After that, your PC will be back to its normal state and it will start rebuilding the BCD.
If it fails to work for you, then you can rebuild the BCD again in order to have a brand new Boot Configuration Data after deleting the previous BCD. And to do so, inside the command prompt you have to type the following commands. After typing each of the codes it is mandatory to hit the Enter key.
- ‘bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup’
- ‘cd boot’
- ‘attrib bcd –s –h –r’
- ‘ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old’
- ‘bootrec /RebuildBcd’
Method 6: Create an EFI Partition
You can create a new EFI partition easily if for some reason your EFI partition is missing. And, to do so you need a Windows installation media and 200 MBs of free space on the disk.
- First, to make a Windows Installation Media and boot from a USB, follow the method in the above solution and then, go to Command Prompt window.
- You need to type ‘Diskpart’ and ‘list disk’ and then press Enter.
- Once you are done with that, you have to type ‘select disk 0’ and press Enter to select the disk in which you want to create a new EFI partition.
- To list all partitions, you need to type in the command ‘list partition’ and press Enter.
- Now, you should type in the command ‘Select Partition 1’ and then hit Enter.
- You have to type the command ‘shrink desired=200 minimum=200’ and Press Enter.
- You need to type ‘create partition efi’ command and hit Enter again.
- For once, again you have to hit the Enter key after typing ‘list partition’.
- Hit the Enter key, after typing ‘select partition 2’ assuming that the newly created 200 MB partition is partition 2.
- Now, write the command ‘format fs=fat32’ and press Enter to continue the process.
- To list all volumes, you have to type ‘list vol’. At the same time, you need to note the volume of the newly created partition of 200 MB size down.
- Once you are done, type the command ‘Select vol 3’ and hit Enter.
- You have to type ‘assign’ and without any hesitation hit the Enter key.
- And then, for once again you need to type ‘list vol’ and hit the Enter and check which Letter (ltr) is assigned to the 200 MB EFI partition. Don’t forget to note down the drive letter.
Along with that, you need to recognize and note down the drive letter (ltr) of the volume which is containing the Windows partition. You can complete the task of recognizing it by looking for Boot that you will find in the Info column. We have seen that, in most cases, it’s the drive letter C which works wonders in rectifying the error code.
Once you are done with the above steps type the command ‘bcdboot C:\Windows /l en-gb /s B: /f ALL’ and then hit the Enter key. We are assuming your windows drive letter as C and the drive letter that was assigned to your EFI partition as B. Once you are done reboot the system and check if the Asus error code 0xc000000f problem has resolved or not.
We hope that with the help of the above methods, you can resolve Asus model x5551m error code 0xc000000f without any hassle. If you want more articles like this one, then stay connected to us. Along with that, if you want then you can place a comment in the feedback box and share your valuable view regarding this article.