- Posted by Eve Vincent
- On April 29, 2019
In general, Asus recovery DVD error code 1029 is a misconfigured system file error in Asus devices. It primarily points towards a hardware issue on your system. This error mainly bothers Windows 7 and Windows 10 users. It usually appears when user unknowingly deletes an essential registry entry. Basically, Windows System files hold crucial data to manage it’s several operations and mishandling such files might lead to this error. In most cases, this error occurs due to the corrupted or damaged registry entries. Sometimes, it can also happen due to incompatible softwares, which is a quite common thing in a new device.
However, resolving this error is quite simple with proper techniques. This post contains all the information that shows you how to resolve the Asus recovery DVD error 1029. In addition, from this post, you will get to know some common error message related to the Asus recovery DVD error that you might get.
Error Code 1029 Asus Recovery: Some Related Errors
Here, in section, we have enlisted some other error codes that are related to the Asus recovery DVD error code 1029. Those are:
- Asus recovery DVD error
- Asus zenfone 2 recovery error
- Burning DVD drive Asus
- Asus DVD multi recorder source error
What Causes the Asus Recovery DVD Error Code 1029?
Usually, the Asus recovery DVD error code 1029 is caused by the corrupted Windows System files. Besides, an incomplete uninstallation, an improper installation, wrong detection of hardware or applications are other potential causes for this error. This error can also be caused if your device is recently recovered from an improper shutdown of the computer or from a virus or malware attack. All these actions might result in corruption or deletion of the entries in the Windows system files. Apart from these, the corrupted system files are also responsible for this glitch.
However, whatever be the reason, resolving such kind of recovery DVD error in the Asus device is always a challenge. Hence, let us move on to the troubleshooting section.
Easy Troubleshooting to Fix Asus Recovery DVD Error Code 1029
Here, in this section of the article, you will get to know all the possible methods for resolving Asus recovery DVD error code 1029. So, go through the below-highlighted points that will help you out with the error code 1029 on your Asus device. Learn and follow them accordingly.
Method #1: Repair Registry Entries
Firstly, to fix the Asus recovery DVD error code 1029, you require to repair the registry entries. Because such kind of recovery DVD related issue mostly occurs due to the corrupted registry entries. Here, in the section below, you will get the elaborate steps to repair the registry entries on your Asus device. But, before repairing the registry entries you need to back up the error code 1029 related keys.
Back up Error Code 1029 Related Keys:
- First, navigate to the Start menu and then, tap on the Run option.
- Now, go to the Search bar, type “regedit” and then, click on the OK button or hit the Enter key.
- This action will launch the Registry Editor.
- Now, you need to select the Asus recovery DVD error code 1029 related keys that you require to backup.
- After that, tap on the keys to select it.
- Next, from the File, select the Export that is on the menu.
- When the Export Registry File window opens, enter a file name for this backup.
- Now, in the Export Range box, check the ‘Selected Branch’ option.
- Then, hit the OK button followed by the Save button.
- Finally, the file is saved with the .reg file extension.
Now, you have a complete backup of Asus recovery DVD error code 1029 related registry entry. Now, in the next steps, you can repair the registry entries.
Repair the Damaged Registry Entries:
- At first, launch the Registry editor. Thus, in the Search bar, enter “regedit” and press the Enter key. When it appears, simply click on it from the search result.
- Next, at the file, just tap on the Import option.
- After that, at the Import Registry File screen, browse and choose the Backup .reg file that requires to be restored.
- Now, hit the Open button.
- When the process is over, just restart your device and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method #2: Use System File Checker
After repairing the registry entries, if the error still persists, then you can fix it by running the System File Checker utility tool that is designed to fix such kind of glitches. To perform this action, you need to follow the steps below.
- Primarily, on the Taskbar, navigate to the Search bar, and type “Command Prompt.”
- From the search results, right-click on the Command Prompt.
- Then, select the ‘Run As Administrator’ option.
- Now, in the Command prompt, enter “sfc/scannow”
- After this action, System File Checker will start scanning for the Asus recovery DVD error code 1029 related and other system files issues.
- This process might take some time. So, be patient and don’t interrupt the process.
- Finally, follow the on-screen guidelines to finish the process.
Method #3: Update Device Drivers
Updating device drivers is another reliable way to resolve such error. To do so, navigate to the Start icon. Then, look for the ‘Device Manager’. Now. click on the Device Manager from the result list. Next, you have to expand the category with the hardware that you need to Update. After that, simply right-click on the Device and then, tap on the Update Driver option. Now, you need to locate the ‘Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software’ option. Once you find it, simply click on it. Here, if the updates are available then you can hit the Install updates button. Now, the updates are automatically downloaded in the background. Once the process is over, check if the issue gets removed. In case, if the issue still there, then you need to try the next method.
Method #4: Utilize Windows System Restore
Windows System Restore is another good way to fix such kind of recovery DVD related issues. Many users have reported that after running the Windows System restore, they find that the error gets fixed. So, you can utilize the Windows System Restore to resolve this glitch. In order to utilize the system restore, you need to follow the given steps:
- First, select the Start icon.
- Then, go to the Search bar and type “System Restore”
- After that, click on the OK button or hit the Enter key.
- Now, from the result list select the System Restore.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter an administrator password. Simply enter the password.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts in the wizard in order to select a restore point.
- Lastly, restore your PC and check whether the Asus recovery DVD error code 1029 gets eliminated or not.
Method #5: Use WindowsTroubleshooter
You can also use the built-in Windows Troubleshooter to resolve this error automatically. Basically, Windows troubleshooter is an in-built tool that can automatically detect the issues and resolve them quickly. This pre-installed tool helped several users who are less experienced, in resolving such kind of error. Try to follow the steps below:
- At first, tap on the Start button and then, launch the Setting app.
- Now, click on the gear icon.
- After that, look for the Update And Security button and navigate to the Troubleshooter.
- Then, click on the Windows Update button.
- Now, you have to follow the on-screen prompts.
- If something went wrong, then Windows troubleshooter will detect the problem and fix them automatically.
We presume the content/post has been able to tell you which methods you should consider resorting to if you wish to get rid of the sticky tech issue. Apply them and make a difference in the situation you are in. If you need to read about related topics, please stay tuned to our posts. On the other hand, you can also take expert assistance for ultimate guidance.