- Posted by Eve Vincent
- On March 22, 2019
Like all the electronics devices Asus laptops are also not free from glitches. Users face various kinds of problems that leave them puzzled and annoyed at the same time. Asus Aura not working is one such issue that is common in occurrence.
By any chance, if you are also encountering the Asus Aura not detecting motherboard issue, then as soon as possible you need to fix this glitch. Keeping that in mind, we are going to illustrate the exact reasons and the probable solutions to get rid of this problem. So, have a deep look at the entire article and execute the methods exactly the same as stated in the next section.
What is Asus Aura?
Asus Aura RGB was created to flawlessly bring perfection to your gaming rig for proper expression of individuality. This particular software affords the endless spectrum of patterns, colors, and the ability to link lightning to the in-game action and as well as music. There are various types of preset modes that come with the latest version of Aura.
What Causes Asus Aura not to Work?
There are a number of reasons behind the Asus Aura not detecting motherboard issue. Here, we have discussed some of the most common reasons that are responsible for this problem. So, let’s start:
- Aura Version: In case if you are using an old or outdated version of Aura in your device, then there is a high possibility of getting this error as well. So, you have to check the version and check if it is compatible with your device or not.
- Strip plugged in incorrectly: In case if the strip you are using is plugged in wrong way in the motherboard, then you might get this issue and you will be unable to connect the LED lights as well.
- Installations files: We are receiving a huge number of reports that the installation files of the Aura software get corrupted or become unusable. As a result, users facing Asus Aura has stopped working.
- Confliction between the lightning software: Lightning software can cause this issue and create conflict between the Asus Aura and the devices. So, you need to be sure that you are not using any lightning software that can create any conflation as well.
- Virus or malware attack: In case your device gets affected by a virus or malware, then it is also pretty possible that Aura stops working in your device. At that time, you have to remove the virus as soon as possible.
Fix Asus Aura has Stopped Working with These Methods
Before going to the steps you have to make sure that you are using the latest version of Asus Aura. In case if you are using an outdated version, then you might face Asus Aura sync not working issue on your device.
Method 1: Disable the Fast Startup
This method is considered as one of the most effective methods to solve this particular issue as well. So, you have to disable the fast startup option to solve the issue at a wink. So, let’s start:
- The very first thing you have to do is switch on your device and navigate to the Start option.
- After that, restart your device in Safe Mode.
- Then, you have to navigate to the system tray and click on the option “Control Panel” in the search box.
- You can find this option at the bottom of the device’s screen. After that, again choose “Control Panel” in the pop-up notification.
- Now, you have to select the Power option by clicking on it and then select “Choose what the power button does”.
- After that, select the option “Change settings that are currently unavailable” by clicking on it.
- At the last step, you have to uncheck the option “Turn on Fast Startup” that is located under the “Shutdown Settings” tab.
- Finally, tap on the “Save Changes” option and apply the changes. Now, check if the problem gets resolved or still showing up.
Method 2: Reinstalling Asus Aura
If the problem is not solved yet by disabling the fast startup option, then you can follow this one as well. In this method, you have to uninstall the Aura software from your Asus laptop and then install it again. To do so, the first thing you have to do is to, navigate to the system tray and click on Control Panel. Now, go to the Search box and type Aura in it. After that, click on the Aura app and select Uninstall and click on it.
After uninstalling the Aura software, you have to download it for once more. Keep waiting for some time while the installation process is going on. It is suggested that do not shut down the device until the installation process completes. Finally, reboot your device and check if the issue gets solved completely or still appears.
Method 3: Check RGB Headers
Most of the Asus Aura users use the LED lights on their rigs. These LEDs are attached with the LED headers that are present on your Asus motherboard. By these connectors, the LED strips and the RGB strips are connected with each other. By any chance, if you are not attaching the RGB strips with the headers, then you will be unable to see the blinking of the LEDs and as well as you might face Asus Aura not launching issue.
So, it is very important for you to be sure that the strips are connected correctly with the headers. There are lots of ways to connect the strips. You might have a look at the user manual of your laptop’s model. But you should keep some things in our mind while executing this particular method.
- Do not use any extra force while you are attaching the strips.
- It is recommended to wear a pair of gloves while performing the steps.
- Be sure that your laptop is not connected with the power supply at that time.
Method 4: Uninstall the Other RGB Software
Seldom Aura software can create conflict between other the RCB software that are already installed in your device. Thus, it is quite important to uninstall the RGB software from your device. To do so, the first and foremost thing you have to do is tap on the Windows and the R button simultaneously from your keyboard.
After that, navigate to the Dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in it. Now, tap on the Enter key. When the Application Manager tab will open you need to right-click on any lightning software that is already installed in your PC. Then, click on the Uninstall icon and let the device uninstall Aura. Finally, reboot your device and verify whether the particular issue gets fixed or not.
In this guide, we have discussed the flawless methods to get rid of Asus Aura not opening issue permanently. Furthermore, this entire guide is beneficial for a non-tech savvy person to resolve this particular issue at an instant. Moreover, if you still have any sort of query, then you can write your doubts in the comment box and let us know the exact problem you are confronting with.