- Posted by Eve Vincent
- On March 12, 2019
After upgrading to the new version of Windows 10, Asus Smart Gesture Windows 10 stop working is one such issue that most of the users face. The affected users claim that after installing the Anniversary update or Creators update, the customized Asus Smart Gesture feature gets automatically disabled. According to the sources, when the users try to re-enable the Asus Smart Gesture, some issues crop up. In some cases, when users upgrade the Windows OS to the latest version, some of the drivers do not work properly. As a result, such kind of issue occurs.
Therefore, if you ever face this same issue and don’t know how to resolve, then, don’t worry. Well, here, in this post, we are going to discuss the Asus gesture not working issue. In addition, we have also mentioned the predictable causes and fixes for resolving this error.
Possible Causes of Asus Smart Gesture Not Working
Asus gesture not working issue occurs due to a number of reasons. However, in this section, we have mentioned only the prominent ones. To determine them, take a look below:
- Incorrect settings of the Asus Smart Gesture is the foremost cause of such an issue.
- Outdated Asus touchpad drivers are another cause for the error with Asus Smart Gesture Windows 10.
- Outdated BIOS can also be responsible for this issue.
- Besides, a virus or malware can also play a vital role in this glitch.
- Apart from these, third-party security software can conflict with the Asus Smart Gesture feature and lead to this error.
These are the most common causes behind the Asus Smart Gesture Windows 10 not working issue. However, whatever be the reason, resolving such kind of error will always be a challenge for the users.
Asus Smart Gesture Windows 10 Not Working: How to Fix it
Asus Smart Gesture Windows 10 not working issue needs to be resolved at the earliest. This is because the error will prevent you from using some of the most necessary features of the Windows OS. Apart from this, it will also prevent you to install the newly available drivers. This section will provide you with multiple ways that will help you to rectify the Asus Smart Gesture Windows 10 not working issue. So, check out the below fixes and perform them accordingly.
Solution 1: Use the Driver Setup File as an Administrator
You can easily resolve Asus Smart Gesture related issue by using the driver setup file as an administrator. This process is quite simple and effective. To do so, you need to find the setup files. Once you locate it, simply right-click on it. After that, select ‘Run As Administrator’.
Now, check whether the issue gets removed or not. If the issue still persists, then you need to move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Remove Asus Smart Gesture and Reinstall the Driver
Most of the affected users claim that manually removing the Asus Smart Gesture driver is a reliable way to fix the Asus Smart Gesture is not working issue. To do that, you need to locate the Asus Smart Gesture associated files. Once you find it, remove them all. After that, keep in mind that until you restart your Asus device, those files won’t disappear. So, once the device restarts, you need to reinstall the Asus Smart Gesture driver.
Reinstall Asus Smart Gesture Driver
In that case, click on the Start icon and then, go to the Control Panel. Now, search for the Asus Smart Gesture. Once you locate it, simply click on it. Then, tap on the Repair button. If everything is fine there, then you will notice the Asus Touchpad in the Device Manager. In that time, Asus support will advise you to reinstall the ATK Driver first.
Therefore, you can press the Reinstall button. This process might take a while to finish. So, be patient and don’t interrupt the process. Once it is complete, restart your Asus device and see if the issue gets eliminated.
Solution 3: Install the Newer Version
After reinstalling the Asus Smart Gesture driver, if you still get stuck with the same problem, then install the latest version of it.
In order to install a newer version of the Asus Smart Gesture driver, go to the official website of Asus and then check if updates are available there. If available, download the latest version on your Asus device. Once you download the latest version of the Asus Smart Gesture driver, simply run it and extract the setup files.
Solution 4: Repair the Asus Smart Gesture Driver
After installing the newer version of Asus Smart Gesture driver, now you need to repair it. To do so, follow the steps below:
- First of all, open the Programs and Features. To do so, press the Windows key + S altogether. This process will launch the Run dialog box. Now, in the Run dialog box, enter “Programs and Features”, then hit the Enter key or click on the OK button. Now, click on the Programs and Features option from the list.
- After this process, a list of the installed program will pop-up on the display. Here, you can click on the Asus Smart Gesture Driver and then hit the Change or Repair button.
- Lastly, find out the driver setup file and then, select it.
Once the repair process is over, check whether the issue has been fixed or not. If now, then proceed to the next fix.
Solution 5: Reset Asus Smart Gesture Settings
If something is wrong with the Asus Smart Gesture Settings, then such kind of issue can occur. Therefore, you have to reset the settings first. After resetting, try to install the update again. To do so, go through the below instructions:
- At first, navigate to the Control Panel.
- Then, locate the Asus Smart Gesture.
- Once you locate it, simply click on it.
- After that, hit the ‘Set All To Default’ option.
- Once it is done, restart your Asus device.
Solution 6: Load BIOS Defaults
After resetting the Asus Smart Gesture settings, if you still encounter the same issue, then you should proceed to the BIOS-related solution. Due to some certain updates, the BIOS Settings might get blocked. Therefore, the first thing that you need to do is to load the BIOS Settings.
Since this trick is not identical on every device, you have to perform this action by following the on-screen prompts.
Solution 7: Update BIOS
If resetting the BIOS Settings doesn’t work to resolve the issue, then you need to take more serious measure. Therefore, you have to update the BIOS. But, keep in mind that updating the BIOS is quite risky. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Primarily, go to the Settings.
- Then, click on the ‘Update & Security’ option.
- Now, tap on the ‘Recovery’ option that is present on the left-pane.
- Next, navigate to the Advanced Startup, and select the ‘Restart Now’ button.
- After that, navigate to the ‘Troubleshoot’ section.
- Here, hit the Advanced options.
- Now, choose the ‘UEFI Firmware Settings’
- Once it is done, restart your Asus device.
Solution 8: Reset PC
If the above solutions fail to resolve the problem, then you can reset the PC. To do that, go through the below instructions:
At first, you need to launch the Settings app by pressing the Windows + I keys at the same time. Now, in the Settings, click on the ‘Update & Security’ option. Next, navigate to the Recovery tab. Now, in the Reset This PC section, tap on ‘Get Started’. Here, you will find two option: ‘Remove Everything’ and ‘Keep My Files.’ If you choose the first option, then it will remove everything from your device.
However, if you choose the second option, then this will remove all the installed programs but it will keep your personal data. In that case, you can select the second option (recommended). After that, just follow the on-screen guidelines in order to finish the reset process.
Take note of the tips and tricks shared in this post. And make sure that you implement them well. Get the right things done by adapting the right steps. However, you face any kind of difficulties in catching-up the above solutions, then feel free to share your doubts with us.