- Posted by Eve Vincent
- On March 12, 2019
The Asus error code A2 is one of the common error codes that transpire due to the fault in the motherboard. This error code stops the users from accessing their computer along with the BIOS. Almost every user experience this error code after installing the Windows Operating System or after a system reboot. So, if your computer is driving through this annoying error code A2 and you are wondering how to terminate this issue, then this article will help you. In this chapter, we will talk about all the probable causes and the top-notch solutions to fix this error code as quickly as possible.
Probable Causes why Asus Error Code A2 Arise?
Effective Methods to Solve Asus Error Code A2
We have arranged a few methods to resolve Asus error code A2 that we will discuss in this section. You can try one of these methods to get the problem solved.
Method 1: Check all the Power Connections of your Computer
Checking the power associations on your computer supports to diagnose the computer’s internal queries. Also, it saves you a lot of troubleshooting headaches. Following are some of the steps below to do so.
- At first, shut down your computer and flip the switch on the back of the power supply to unplug it from the outlet.
- Now, open your computer case and disconnect all the power cables inside the case.
- Make a paper clip tester and bend it in “U” shape to test the power supply that has been switched on.
- Navigate to the 20/24 pin connector that is attached to your computer’s motherboard and then find out the Green Pin and Black Pin i.e., Pin number 15 and 16.
- Now, insert the paper clip into each of the pins and plug the power supply back into the outlet.
- Flip the switch in the back and check the fan on your computer system.
- If the fan is running properly, then the power supply is functioning as it should. If the fan is not working or running, then double check the pins and try again.
Now, turn on your computer and check whether the error code A2 exists or not. If it still persists, try another solution.
Method 2: Disconnect the Drivers One by One
If you are using an outdated series of the drivers or the drivers are corrupted, then you might face error code A2 on your Asus computer. Hence, you need to delete all the drivers one by one and check whether the error is fixed. Following are some of the steps below to do so.
- At first, turn on your computer and navigate to the Windows search box from the bottom-left corner of the window.
- Type ‘Device Manager’ in the search case and tap the Enter key on your keyboard to open the action.
- Find out the Category of the device from the list and double-click on the file.
- Click on all the drivers one by one and select Uninstall from the Windows list.
- Now, click on OK when the Windows prompts you to confirm the driver’s removal and do the same for all the drivers.
Restart your computer system and check whether the error code A2 exists or not. Try another method below if the error code still persists.
Method 3: Update all the Drivers on your Computer
After disconnecting the drivers didn’t solve the error code, then you have to install the fresh version of all the drivers to end this error code. Following are some of the steps below to do so.
- Turn on your computer and navigate to the Windows search box from the bottom-left corner of the window.
- Type ‘Device Manager’ in the search box and click on the top result to open the action from the list.
- Now, expand the category you want to update and right-click the device and then, select Update Driver from the menu.
- Right-click on the Browse my computer from Driver software option and click on the Browse button from the end of the table.
- Browse and select the main folder and click on OK to proceed.
- Now, check the Include Subfolders to find the correct .INF file and then click on Next button at the bottom of the window.
After completing all the above steps prominently, the newer version of the drivers start installing automatically on your Windows system. Restart your computer when all the driver’s installation finishes and check for the error if it is resolved.
These 3 methods are the most practical methods to resolve Asus error code A2. You can attempt one of these solutions or all the solutions until the error code is set. Hope the above article was beneficial enough to assist you on how to fix error code A2 on your Asus computer. In case, the error code still insists or you are incompetent of fixing this error code, then there might be a vital problem with your computer’s motherboard. In that case, leave your system to a trained hand. At last, submit your relevant feedback below in the comment section to let us know about your experience.