- Posted by Eve Vincent
- On March 20, 2019
Asus laptop is famous worldwide for its stylish look and excellence performance level. Besides its extensible features, some of the technical glitches make it problematic to the Asus users. Sometimes, the Asus Touchpad fails to work on real-time and stops responding after a certain time. To perform Asus disable Touchpad when mouse is plugged in is the only way to get rid of this severe issue. However, we are going to discuss how to disable Touchpad when mouse is plugged in with proper explanation.
Significant Reasons Behind Turning off Asus Touchpad
Some of the significant reasons are responsible for the Asus Touchpad issue. Moreover, it reduces the device performance as well.
- Mousepad Setup error is one of the problematic issues behind the Touchpad problem.
- Sometimes, the hardware fails to give a real-time response due to a configuration problem. Therefore, you won’t navigate the pointing device without disabling Asus Touchpad and attach another pointing device.
How to Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Plugged In – Simple Ways
There are simple ways to perform the Asus Touchpad turn off process without any technical hassle. Moreover, the following steps will help to know how to disable Touchpad when mouse is plugged in.
Using ELAN Settings
- First, type “control” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Control Panel window.
- Type “Mouse” in the search bar located on the top-right corner and select the Mouse from the list.
- Open it by double-tapping the Mouse and click on the ELAN tab.
- Choose the Touchpad devices from the bottom section of the window.
- Next, place a tick on the Disable when external USB mouse plugin option.
- When done, close the active window by tapping the OK button.
- Now, connect the external mouse to the Asus laptop and check whether the Touchpad is disabled or not.
Via BIOS Settings
- Reboot the system and press the F2 key from the keyboard when the Asus logo appears on the screen.
- Choose the BIOS Settings option from the resultant menu which pops-up.
- Now, select the option Disable which is next to the Touchpad option in the BIOS settings window.
- Next, press the F10 key from the keyboard to apply the new changes and exit from the active window.
- Finally, restart the Asus laptop and try to move the Touchpad to check whether it is working or not.
Change the Registry Setup
- Type “regedit” in the Cortana search box and launch the Registry Editor window by pressing the Enter key.
- Now, navigate the option HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE from the left pane of the window.
- Expand the option SOFTWARE and choose Synaptics option.
- Next, select SynTPEnh from the list of the items appeared on the screen and right-click on it.
- Hover the mouse pointer over the New option and click DWORD value( 32-bit).
- Rename the DWORD value with DisableIntPDFeature and double-click on it to modify it.
- Choose the Base as Hexadecimal and Data Value as 33.
- Then, click the OK button and save the new changes.
- When done, reboot the device and check whether the new changes play an effective role to disable Asus Touchpad When Mouse is Plugged in.
Modify Asus Laptop Settings
This is only applicable for the upgraded version of the Windows, such as the Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and for Windows 10. It is the simplest method to turn off Touchpad Asus without any technical error.
- Press the Windows key and choose the Settings app from the appeared menu.
- Select the Change PC Settings from the resultant window.
- Now, choose the PC and Devices from the left pane of the same window.
- Then, select the Mouse and Touchpad option under the PC settings menu.
- Turn off the option Leave Touchpad on when a mouse is connected and apply it to disable the Touchpad automatically.
FAQs on How to disable Touchpad when the Mouse is Plugged in
Sometimes, it has been seen that the Asus laptop users get stuck with the unexpected error when they try to disable the Touchpad. However, we are going to resolve the general queries regarding the Asus laptop Touchpad issues.
How to Disable Mousepad at the Time of Typing?
- Type “control” in the Cortana search box and press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click on the Mouse driver option.
- Click on the Device Select tab and enable the option Disable Touchpad when USB pointing is present by clicking its checkbox.
- When done, reboot the system and check whether the problem persists or not.
Can I Turn off Touchpad Asus Permanently?
Sometimes, the Asus Touchpad creates a major problem if any hardware issue persists. It happens due to setup error also. Therefore, you can disable it by connecting the wireless mouse to the device and stop the in-built Touchpad service permanently.
You can stop the Asus mousepad feature single by following this process.
- Click on the Start button and tap on the Restart button to reboot the Asus device.
- After a successful rebooting, hold the Function key and press the F9 key from the keyboard.
- Now, try to navigate the mouse pointer and check whether the Touchpad responds or not.
- Finally, connect the external mouse and check whether it is working or not.
- Open the Control Panel window and choose the ASUS Smart Gesture option from the list of items.
- Go to the Mouse Detection option and open it by double-clicking on it.
- Place a tick on the checkbox titled Disable Touchpad when mouse is plugged-in.
- Next, click Apply and OK button respectively to disable the disable Touchpad when mouse is plugged in.
- When done, reboot the laptop and connect the wireless mouse to operate the device.
How do you Stop Asus Touchpad Clicking Service?
- Click on the Start button and click on the Control Panel to open the Control Panel window.
- Choose the Classic View option from the left pane of the window.
- Next, double-click on the Mouse icon from the resultant window.
- Now, click the Device Settings tab from the Properties window.
- Click on the Settings button and now tap Touchpad Settings window.
- Choose the option Enable and remove the tick from the checkbox.
- Finally, click the OK button and reboot the Asus laptop to check whether turn off Touchpad Asus function is working or not.
In the above article, we have discussed the process on how to disable Touchpad when mouse is plugged in. Moreover, we have analyzed the significant reasons behind the Asus Touchpad issue. Furthermore, we have tried to reach you with the feasible solutions on frequently asked questions that help you to turn off Touchpad Asus without any technical hassle.