- Posted by Eve Vincent
- On March 20, 2019
Asus error code 0xC0000185 is one of the common issues that most of the Asus Windows 10 users have encountered during the booting process. It occurs if the system’s hardware or software is faulty. Sometimes, if you have not updated your Operating System then you may see this error message on the system screen. Sometimes, if there is malware infection or any third-party application is installed on your system, then you might face this error. This problem occurs when the relevant information regarding the boot configuration data is missing. So, your computer cannot open the drive or partition that includes the Windows system data. If you are also facing a similar problem, then read this article carefully. Here, you will get to know all the possible procedures to eliminate this particular error from your Asus device.
Amazing Procedures to Get Rid of Asus Error Code 0xC0000185
Sometimes, rebooting your system can fix the Asus error code 0xC0000185 on the system. So, first, you need to restart your device and then check whether the error still persists or not. If your system still shows the error, then you need to follow the below-mentioned procedures to overcome this situation that you are facing.
Procedure 1: Perform System Restore
With the help of System Restore, you can easily resolve the Asus error code 0xC0000185 on the Asus system. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Reboot the system
- When the system restarts, press the SHIFT button and F8 key to open the Advanced Boot window.
- Go to the “Repair your Computer” and then select the “Troubleshoot” tab.
- Click on the “Advanced options” from the Troubleshoot window.
- In the Advanced options section, click on the “System Restore” option. Now, the System Restore process will start.
- Once it completes, reboot the Asus system and check if you still get the error code 0xc0000185 or not.
Procedure 2: Run the BSOD Troubleshooter
Another easy procedure to resolve the error code 0xC0000185 Windows 10 Asus is to use the BSOD troubleshooter. It is one of the inbuilt tools of Windows. With the help of this tool, you can easily resolve this problem. To run this tool, follow the steps mentioned below:
- From the keyboard, hold the Windows button and at the same time press the I key to launch the Settings window. Alternatively, go to the Search box, type Settings and then hit the Enter button.
- Double click on the Update & Security tab from the Settings window.
- In the left side panel, click on the Troubleshoot tab.
- Then, go to the ‘Find and fix other problems’ section, and then select and open the BSOD troubleshooter.
- Click on the Run the Troubleshooter option.
- Once the process completes, reboot the system.
Procedure 3: Run the Disk Cleanup
When you go to the Internet, your PC automatically collects junk folders and files. These useless folders can trigger several problems, including the Asus error code 0xC0000185. So, you can use the Disk Cleanup tool to clean them. With the help of the Disk Cleanup, you can immediately remove these junk folders or files from your Asus Windows 10 device. To complete this procedure, follow the steps given below:
- Press the Windows Home button and along with the S key to launch the Seach panel, type Disk Cleanup and then press the Enter button.
- Choose the disk that you want to clean.
- Then, press the OK option and wait for some time untill the process completes.
Procedure 4: Rebuild Boot Configuration Data
An alternative procedure that you can use on the system to fix this problem is to rebuild the boot configuration data. To do so, follow these directions:
- Put the Windows 10 Installation Media disk and reboot the Operating System.
- When your device starts, you need to press any key to boot from the DVD or CD.
- When the boot window opens, click on the “Repair your computer” option which is present on the lower side of the screen.
- From the “Choose an option” window, select the “Troubleshoot” section.
- In the “Troubleshoot” tab, click on the “Advanced options” tab.
- Double click on the Command Prompt option from the Advanced options list.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, write the following commands and then hit the Enter button after typing each command.
- Once the process completes, remove the Windows 10 Installation Media from the CD or DVD ROM.
- Restart the system and check if you still receive the same error code.
Procedure 5: Automatic Repair
You can also resolve the Asus error code 0xC0000185 with the help of automatic repair. The steps are given below:
- First, you need to insert the Asus Windows 10 installation disk and reboot the system.
- Now you can see a black screen that says: “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”. Now, you have to press the button from the keyboard to boot from the installation Media.
- In the next window, you need to set the keyboard type and correct time.
- Next, click on the “Repair your computer” option which is located on the left side.
- Now you should see the “Choose an Option” window opens.
- Click on the “Troubleshoot” tab from the “Choose an Option” window.
- In the Troubleshoot tab, click on the “Advanced Options” section.
- From the “Advanced Options” page, select the “Automatic Repair” option.
- Next, you need to select the Operating System that you are using.
- Once the process completes, restart your Asus device and Check if the Asus error code 0xc0000185 still persists or not. After performing this fix, if you see this error code again, then you can try the next solution.
Procedure 6: Check Hard Disk
When you see this error message on your screen, you have to check the Hard disk on your system. The steps are cited below:
- Press the Windows Home button + X key together to launch the Menu list.
- Select the Command Prompt (Admin) from that menu list.
- In the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /R and then press the Enter button.
- Once it is executed, reboot the Asus system.
Procedure 7: Reset the System
If the above-mentioned procedures do not help you to resolve the Asus error code 0xC0000185 on your PC, then you can use this procedure to resolve this problem. Follow the below directions to learn how you can do that:
- At first, click on the Windows icon and then select the Settings.
- From the Settings window, go to the Update & Security section.
- Next, in the Update & Security tab, click on the Recovery tab which is present in the left side panel.
- At the Reset This PC section, click on the Get Started option.
- Now you should see the Choose an option window opens. Select an option that you want to choose.
- Click on the Reset option. Now your PC will automatically reset. Now you might see the screen turn off several times during the process.
- Once the process finishes, check whether the issue is fixed.
Procedure 8: Update the Operating System
Updating the Operating System can also fix this problem. To complete this procedure, follow the steps cited hereunder:
- To launch the Settings application, you need to press the Windows Home button and I key together.
- From the Settings window, move the cursor to the Update & Security section. Double click on it.
- In the left side panel, select the Update tab.
- Click on the Check for updates option.
- If the update is available then click on the Update option. Now the update process has started.
- Once it is finished, reboot the system.
We hope, this article will help you to eliminate the Asus error code 0xC0000185 on the Asus system. With the help of these methods, you can quickly fix this problem on your Asus device. In case if you face any problem in performing the methods discussed, then you can take professional help for better assistance.