- Posted by Eve Vincent
- On April 21, 2019
Asus error code 62 is a common error that most of the users have faced while using the BIOS chip. Generally, this problem occurs when the problem is with the motherboard of the system. Sometimes, you can also face this problem on your device due to outdated BIOS. An outdated driver or malware infection can also cause this issue. Most of the Asus users complain that they could not complete their important work when this error code appeared on the screen. After getting this error message they are annoyed and want to resolve this problem as soon as possible.
So, if you are one of them and facing the Asus Motherboard code 62, then no need to worry. Here, in this article, various methods are provided to get rid of the particular 62 error code on your Asus device. After completing all the methods, you can easily overcome this problem on the system.
How to Fix Asus Error Code 62
Let’s check out the most useful ways and fix Asus error code 62. Hope, you can easily understand all the methods.
Solution 1: Turn Off Asus Laptop
This is the first step that we are going to explain. Basically, this step is very simple.
- In this step, first, you have to turn off your laptop.
- After that, you should unplug all the Asus laptop power connections and wait for 40-50 seconds approx.
- Now, you need to turn on the Asus laptop.
- Finally, you have to make sure that when powering on the laptop, you should be able to hear beeps.
Solution 2: Verify the CPU Power Connector
If the previous method didn’t work out then you have to verify the CPU power connector to resolve the problem.
- To perform this task, you need to check whether the CPU power connector is connected properly or not.
- After that, plug in the 4/8-pin CPU power connector which is located near the CPU socket. After verifying, you can surely resolve the error code 62.
Solution 3: Verify Video Card
If you are still facing the problem, then you have to check the video card to fix the problem. You should verify that the video card is installed properly.
Solution 5: Verify RAM Settings
In this step, you need to check if the RAM is installed properly or not. Also, make sure that the RAM is compatible with your system. Because this error can be caused by faulty RAM. So, you need to check it and if you find some issue, then you need to replace the RAM. After replacing the RAM, hopefully, the problem will be solved.
Solution 6: BIOS Update
This is the final method that you can try. If you update your BIOS then you can easily resolve the problem. In this method, you can extract your BIOS file. In some cases, you have to extract or “unzip” the BIOS update file from within its folder.
- To perform this task, double-click on the downloaded ZIP file and open it.
- After that, click the Extract tab at the top of the window and then click Extract all.
- Now, you have to select the Extract option when it is prompted.
- Then, you need to wait for the extracted folder to open.
Once done, read your BIOS file’s README document. If a text document labeled “README” available then double-click to open it and before proceeding, read the whole document.
After that, plug a USB flash drive into your PC and then you have to copy the BIOS file into the flash drive. To do this, click the BIOS file and then press the Ctrl key and C key at the same time. Now open your flash drive and then you have to press the Ctrl key and V key together to paste the copied file.
Now you have to access the BIOS page. In this page, if you can see a “Save” or “Backup” option then you have to select it and follow any on-screen instructions. This will assure that you can easily restore your BIOS settings. After that, you have to enable and use your BIOS update tool. This tool can allow your computer’s BIOS to update. Once you are done with the process, your PC should restart itself. After restarting, the error code will be fixed.
So, these are the most effective ways to fix the Asus error code 62. Hope, you can easily understand the steps which we have discussed above. If you are still receiving the error code on your Asus PC, then we suggest you opt for expert help.