- Posted by Eve Vincent
- On May 21, 2019
It is really disgusting when you encounter the Asus motherboard error codes on your Asus laptop with a beep tune on the verge of beginning your daily work. Hence, it is of utmost importance to troubleshoot or fix this Asus error code 40 before any worst-case scenario. Also, there are a number of potential users who face this issue while using a fresh Asus laptop. Sometimes, the error might show up when you try to access your device with Windows 8 64-bit. Hence, it interrupts you while performing any task on your Asus laptop. Therefore, if you are also facing this error, you can go through this article in its entirety. In this informative user guide, we will enumerate the possible causes and fixes for this Asus motherboard error code 40.
Reasons behind Asus Error Code 40
To overcome this error you have to know about the main reason behind it. Here, you will get to know about multiple reasons for this Asus motherboard error code 40. So, let’s take a glance below:
- RAM is seated improperly
- Outdated BIOS
- Incompatible RAM.
- Object blocking the RAM.
- The corrupted files in the disk
- Malware or virus-infected file
Easy Fixes to Resolve the Asus Error Code 40 Instantly
Here, in this part of the article, we are going to describe some easy solutions that will help you to get rid of this issue without any hassle and without wasting too much time. So, follow the given instructions one by one to overcome this awkward situation.
Method #1: Check if the RAM is Seated Properly or Not
The first thing, you have to check if the main culprit for this error 40 is the RAM or not. If some issue of RAM is detected, then eradicate the problem by following the instructions below:
- First of all, you will need to check that the RAM is seated properly or not.
- Then, inspect the ram slot for a bent pin or any other object blocking the RAM.
- Also, make sure that you have a RAM that is compatible with your system.
- If it’s ok then you should move to the next solution.
Method #2: Reboot your System
After checking the RAM of your Asus device, you should try to reboot your ASUS laptop. To reboot your system follow these easy guidelines instructed below:
- At first, restart your Asus laptop. You can restart it at the time when your laptop is in the ON condition
- Now, press the F9 button from the keyboard when the Asus logo appears on the screen.
- After that, you have to select the ‘Recover Windows’ option, and then press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Now, press the Y key on the keyboard.
- After that, your Asus device will automatically restore to the factory settings.
- Now, you have to accept the license agreement on your laptop.
- Then, you need to choose your preferred Language.
- After that, you have to enter your name and set your date and time.
- Then, click on the Next button.
- At last, click on the Finish option and check if the Asus error code 40 is resolved or not.
Method #3: Update the BIOS
Another effective way to resolve the error is by updating the BIOS of the system. Just perform the steps below to update the BIOS in a proper way.
- At first, you have to be sure that if your system is properly connected with the power source or not.
- Then, you have to extract the BIOS file which you have downloaded from the official site of Asus previously. To do it, at first, double-click on the downloaded ZIP file to invoke it.
- After that, go to the Extract tab which you will find on the top of the Window.
- Then, you have to select the ‘Extract all’ option, and then click on the Extract option when prompted.
- Wait a few minutes to open it.
- After opening the file, you need to read the BIOS file’s README document if it is needed.
- Then, plug in the USB drive in your device and make a copy of the BIOS file into the flash drive.
- Now, access the BIOS page. To do it, just follow the steps instructed below:
- At first, you have to restart your Asus device.
- Then, you have to press the F12 button or you can press the Del key or the Esc key on the keyboard.
- After that, back up the BIOS by clicking on the Backup or Save option.
- Now, enable the BIOS update tool. To do it, follow the below guidelines:
- At first, go to the Boot tab and check whether the USB flash drive shows up or not.
- If you can see this, then, enable any backup or ‘Flash’ options from the menu.
- Then, go to the Advanced tab.
- Now, select the ‘Start Flash’ option.
- At last, click on the update option from the menu appearing on the screen.
- After completing all the steps which are mentioned above, you need to allow your computer to update your BIOS.
- It will take several minutes to complete. Just wait for it to complete successfully.
- After updating the BIOS, check if you still encounter this troublesome Asus error code 40 or not.
Method #4: Run a Scan Disk
You can get rid of the problem by applying the scan disk operation. To do it, go through the steps mentioned below:
For Windows 7
If you are a windows 7 user then, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- At first, double-click on the ‘My computer’ option.
- After that, you need to highlight the local hard drive by clicking on it.
- Then, right-click on the highlighted local drive, and then click on the Properties option.
- Now, you have to click on the Tools tab.
- Under this tab, select the ‘Check Now’ option, that will help you to check the drive for errors.
- After completing all the steps, restart your Asus device and run the Scan Disk.
- Wait for sometime for this process to complete.
For Windows 10
If you’re a Windows 10 user, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you need to open the ‘File Explorer’ option. You can do it by pressing the Windows key and the E key at the same time on the keyboard.
- After that, click on the ‘This PC’ option which you can find in the left navigation pane of the ‘File Explorer’ window.
- Then, you need to right click on the right side of the Window from the ‘Devices and Drives’ section from the drive which you have to scan.
- Select the Properties option.
- Now, select the Tools tab from the Properties Window.
- At the next step, click on the check option, that you will find under the ‘Error-checking’ section.
- At last, click on the scan driver in the ‘Error-checking’ window, and then check if the problem still bothers you or not.
We hope, the above methods will help you out from this Asus Error Code 40. All the above solutions are expert-approved, but if you have any query regarding this issue, then get in touch with a professional.