- Posted by Eve Vincent
- On March 11, 2019
There are so many errors which might pop up on your Asus PC to make you frustrated. Among those, Asus error code 0xc0000428 is the one that appears due to some problems like BSoD. The problem you faced, stems from the Boot Manager of your PC. Apart from that, there are other reasons also that might be responsible for the error. However, there’s nothing to worry about it. In this article, we are going to discuss all the preventive measures you can take to stop that. After reading it out, the error shouldn’t stay any longer on your machine.
Solutions to Solve the Asus Error Code 0xc0000428
The moment you face the error code 0xc0000428 on the system, you should understand that it is happening because of the boot sector problems. Boot Manager is the primary element that you should take care of while solving the error. That’s why in this section, you are about to see all the possible solutions to get rid of the error.
Solution 1 – Rebuild the Boot Manager
In the process of solving the error code 0xc0000428, the first solution you can try out is rebuild the Boot Manager. To step forward in this solution, you must have a bootable Windows installation media. Once you have it, follow the steps as mentioned in the section below.
- At first, plug in the bootable USB drive on your PC and start it.
- Next, the system will ask you to press any key if you want to boot from the USB you have inserted. So, press any key and move forward.
- After pressing the key, the boot menu will appear and will ask you to set your language preferences, select it.
- Click on the Next button that appears on the lower-left corner of the boot menu.
- After that, locate the option “Repair your computer” and select it to open the Windows repair menu.
- In the Windows repair menu, you will find the Troubleshoot option, click on it to open.
- Go to the Advanced section and choose the Command Prompt to open it. As it opens type in the following four commands and hit the Enter key each time after a command.
The commands are:
1st Command: C:
2nd Command: cd boot
3rd Command: attrib bcd -s -h –r
4th Command: bootrec /rebuildbcd
With these steps, you should be able to fix the Asus error code 0xc0000428. In the above commands, C: refers to the root drive where you have installed the operating system. Even after following the steps, if you are still facing the error, then try the next solution and check if it can fix that or not.
Solution 2 – Repair Startup
If you are reading this section, that means the previous solution didn’t work out for you. But in this solution also, you are going to need that bootable USB that you have used in the previous solution. Thus, follow the steps carefully and apply them properly.
- Before doing anything, plug in the bootable Windows 10 installation and press the Power button and start the computer.
- After that, the system will ask you to press any key to start it from the bootable USB you have inserted.
- Select “Repair your computer” from the list after you’ve chosen the language and region.
- In the Windows repair menu, System Recovery Options and open it and proceed further.
- After you have opened, the recovery options, select the installation drive of the Windows OS and click on the Next button.
- Afterward, the Startup Repair option will appear, click on it and wait until the repair process gets completed.
These are the steps that can repair the OS completely and fix whatever issues were there on it. After following these steps in an appropriate way, the error code 0xc0000428 shouldn’t appear on your Asus PC. Whatsoever, if the issue still continues to appear on the system, then follow the next solution.
Solution 3 – Disable Digital Signature Temporarily
This is the last solution that can help you fix the error 0xc0000428 without creating any problem. The only condition here is that the OS has to be Windows 10. So, if the above two solutions couldn’t help you fix the problem completely, then this one might. To disable the digital signature, follow the given steps carefully.
- Press the Windows Home button with the I key from keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Once you have opened it, navigate to the Update and Security option that appears at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- After that, go to the Recovery from the left panel and select it. There will be several options on the right panel, select the Advanced Startup.
- In this Advanced Startup menu, click on the Restart now button to restart the system with the troubleshooting options.
- As the system restarts, select the Troubleshoot option and click on the Advanced section.
- Select Startup Settings and locate “Disable driver signature enforcement” option in the menu and switch it to enabled mode if you want to turn off the digital signature.
- To enable that option, you should click on the F7 function key from the keyboard.
Now, you have disabled the digital signature on your Asus PC. After following all the steps, the error should disappear from the system.
The solutions we discussed in this article should be sufficient for you to solve the Asus error code 0xc0000428 that you faced after starting your PC. With the given solutions, you can make sure that in future such error cannot make you frustrated anymore. Hope, the article could help you solve the error you encountered on your Asus PC.