- Posted by Eve Vincent
- On May 21, 2019
Asus error code 80004005 is one of the most common errors that most of the users have encountered while updating their system. This error message appears when the registry files are corrupted on the system. Sometimes, this error code can also crop up if any third-party antivirus is installed on the system. An older version of drivers, a malware attack can also cause this error. Many users have complained that they cannot open the shared files, documents, drivers etc after viewing this error message on their screen and want to resolve this problem immediately. Are you one of them? Then, go through this article. With the help of the guideline provided here, you should be able to easily fix this problem.
Effective Methods to Resolve Asus Error Code 80004005
Now, we are going to discuss some of the easy and effective methods that can help you to eliminate the Asus error code 80004005 on your Asus system. Take a look at the section below:
Method 1: Clean Boot your Device
Different applications can block the updates and result in this error message on the system. By clean booting your PC, you can easily fix the Asus error code 80004005 on your Asus system. If you do not know how you can do that, then follow the undermentioned steps.
- Press together the Windows Home button and R key to launch the Run dialog box. Type msconfig in that box and then click on the OK option or hit the Enter button.
- In the System Configuration window, navigate to the Services section.
- In that section, mark the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ and then click on the Disable all option.
- Next, navigate to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager option.
- Select all the startup items and then click on the Disable button.
- Then close the Task Manager window and reboot your system.
Method 2: Use the Troubleshooter Tool
One of the most reliable methods that can help you to overcome this problem that you have encountered on the Asus system is to run the built-in Troubleshooter tool on Windows. To perform this method, follow the steps carefully:
- Firstly, you need to press the Windows Home button along with the X key to open the menu list. Select the Settings. Alternately, press the Win + I key to launch the Settings window.
- From the Settings window, click on the ‘Update and Security’ section.
- From the Update and Security tab, click on the Troubleshoot tab in the left side panel.
- Next, go to the Windows Update section on the right side.
- Click on the ‘Run the troubleshooter button. Now, you should see the troubleshooting process begin.
- Once the process completes, restart the system
Method 3: By Using the SFC Tool
By using the SFC tool, you can resolve the Asus error code 80004005 on your system. Follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Type cmd in the Search box, right click on the search result and then choose the Run as Administrator option.
- When the Command Prompt window appears, type the following command and then hit the Enter button.
- Once it is executed, restart the system and then check if the Asus device works fine without any error.
Method 4: Uninstall Microsoft 6to4
When you see this error code on your Asus device then you need to uninstall the Microsoft 6to4. To perform this method follow the under mentioned steps:
- Click on the Start menu to open the Menu list. Select Run.
- In the Run box, type devmgmt.msc and then click on the OK option or hit the Enter button.
- From the Device Manager window, click on View to open the list. Select the Show hidden devices option.
- Double click on the Network Adapters tab
- Next, right-click on the Microsoft 6to4 device and click on the Uninstall option.
- Now you can see the uninstall process has started. Once it is done, reboot your Asus system.
Method 5: Run the DISM Tool
An alternative method to resolve the Asus error code 80004005 on the system is to run the DISM tool. To do that, follow the instructions below:
- Press together Win + X keys to launch the Menu list. Select the Command prompt (Admin) option.
- In the Command Prompt window, write the following command and then press the Enter button.
‘DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth’
- Once it is completed, restart the system and then check if the problem has been resolved.
Method 6: Turn Off the Third-Party Antivirus
After performing above mentioned all the methods if the problem still persists, then you need to follow this method to troubleshoot this problem on your Asus device. Follow these steps:
- Double click on the Third-party antivirus software to open it.
- In that window, go to the Settings section.
- Then click on the Disable option to disable it.
- After doing this, reboot the system.
Method 7: Check the Drivers
You need to check whether the drivers are properly updated or not. If not, then you should update the drivers. Follow the instructions carefully, to complete this method:
- Press the Windows Home button and S key to launch the Search box. Type Device Manager and then hit the Enter button from your keyboard.
- From the Device Manager window, right click on the Driver and select the Update option from that list.
- Once the update process completes, reboot the Asus system.
Method 8: Re-registering jscript.dll and vbscript.dll
You can try another method i.e., re-registering jscript.dll and vbscript.dll to fix the Asus error code 80004005 on your device. Follow the steps cited below:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run box. Then, type “cmd” and Ctrl + Shift + Enter and click Yes at the UAC (User Account Control) prompt to open the Command Prompt window.
- In the Command Prompt window, type regsregsvr32 jscript.dll and then hit the Enter button to run this command.
- Once it is done, again type regsvr32 vbscript.dll in the Command Prompt window and then press the Enter button.
- After doing this, restart the system and see if you are able to open the .zip or .rar files without getting the 80004005 error.
Method 9: Reset the Update Services
Resetting the Update services is also a feasible workaround to fix this problem on the system. Follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Hold the Windows Home key and press the X key to open the Menu list. Choose the Command Prompt(Admin) option.
- Write the following commands in the Command Prompt and then, hit the Enter button after typing each Command.
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
net stop cryptsvc
Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore *.bak
Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download *.bak
Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 *.bak
net start wuauserv
net start bits
net start cryptsvc
- Once it is done, reboot your Asus device.
These are the methods to resolve the Asus error code 80004005 on the Asus system. After performing all the methods you should be able to easily get rid of this error on your device. However, if you still face this problem, then you need to take expert help.